The Henize sample of S stars
A collaboration between the Bruxelles and Geneva groups
This page will contain the data collected on the Henize (Henize, 1960) sample of S stars during Sophie Van Eck's Ph.D. thesis.
The aim of the thesis was to clarify evolutionary links between several peculiar red giant stars families, mainly barium stars and S stars. In particular, the Henize sample of 205 S stars (Henize, 1960) has been studied in order to infer statistical properties of S stars (binarity, mass, luminosity, photometric variability, spectroscopic features, infra-red excess, technetium abundance, galactic distribution, symbiotic properties).
- Star averages (as in papers): postscript, or ascii
- Individual radial velocity data: ascii
- Individual photometric data: postscript, or ascii (not yet available)
- The Henize sample of S stars IV. New symbiotic stars
S. Van Eck, A. Jorissen: 2002, A&A 396, 599-607.
- The Henize sample of S stars III. Uncovering the binary intruders
S. Van Eck, A. Jorissen: 2000, A&A 360, 196-212.
- The Henize sample of S stars II. Data
S. Van Eck, A. Jorissen, S. Udry, M. Mayor, G. Burki, M. Burnet, R. Catchpole: 2000, A&A suppl. Ser. 145, 51-65.
- The Henize sample of S stars I. The technetium dichotomy
S. Van Eck, A. Jorissen: 1999, A&A 345, 127--136.
Please send your comments, suggestions and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org